Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Coleys Happy Birthday

Pat, Fin, and I had been looking forward to Cole's birthday for awhile because everytime we would ask Cole, "are you going to have a happy birthday party soon?", he would immediately gasp and go "Oooo". You literally could see magic on his face :o) I truly don't think though that he had any idea what was going on  :o)
The night before his bday I decorated the house so he would wake up and be amazed. 2 is such a fun birthday because everything is amazing to them. The cutest thing was when he woke up he immediately went searching for his daddy, of course. Pat, unfortunately, had to leave early that morning so he wasn't there so I had to tell Cole he was already at work and Cole went, "Awwww man! Happy Birthday". Soo sad but so cute ;o)


I hung streamers from the main hallway and both the boys loooooved it. Cole kept walking slowly through them and then he would turn around and say, "No I see YOU", like it was so amazing he was peeking at me.

Pat met us for our tradional doughnuts breakfast and we all shared doughnuts and Cole wiped his chocolate hands at least 57 times on Pat's khaki pants which Patrick always hates. He's not used to the messy hands yet :o) I enjoyed it until Cole wiped his mouth on my white shirt. Awesome, preesh.


After doughnuts, we had the treat of hanging out with relatives that were in town and seeing Nanny. It was such a beautiful cool day outside. After naps, neighbors gave Cole some presents and the party continued.
I don't know how you can look peeved while holding a maraca and recorder, but homeboy's pulled it off.


One of our presents to Cole was a water pen that you use to color on a mat. Life.changing.people. My walls, tables, bed sheets and fireplace thank me daily for this purchase. We don't consider Crayola to be a good decorating device around here.




No, I know you can't handle these cheeks. After a dinner of "pizza, pizza", we headed to Gigi's to pick up cupcakes and walk down to the park at Waverly Place.



Daddy singing "Happy Birthday" to Cole.


Cupcake face.


No, he did not fall in the fountain. Yes, he was soaked.


Worn out from a long day of birthday. Loving the pose.


Happy 2nd birthday, my little spitfire. You are hilarious, and passionate about everything, and silly, and loving, and I love that my day starts with your cuddles in my bed, and ends with you turning on your sound machine and me singing your butterfly song to you. You couldn't be more loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment