Saturday, October 20, 2012

State Fair 2012

I.Love.The.Fair. Solely because of the food, but it's still love. Pat could take it or leave it but as long as he's hanging with me, he's taking it. We always go in the morning so it's not crowded and we only stay about two hours, b/c that's how long our little fair budget of money lasts :o) This year was Cole's first year and for the first hour he was so solemn just sitting in his stroller taking it all in. I guess it is a pretty overwhelming sight. The first glance at a Carnie alone will leave you breathless ;o)

Fin's first ride was something that was too scary for me! That's not saying much but still, it just went so fast. He did it b/c Pat convinced him and actually loved it. I loved seeing them ride it together b/c Pat was so protective and had Fin buried in his giant coat for protection. He's the best dad.



Fin is CONVINCED every year that he pops the balloon with the dart. It's never happened but I love his optimism. He got superhero stickers for "popping" it.


While Pat and Fin rode the swings...

...Coley stood on the ground with me, watching the dream of his life happen. The boy LOVES swings and just kept crying, "I do dat!" as he watched his dad and brother fly overhead. It was pretty sad.


Deciding at lunch where to go next. Map reading requires at least two men to navigate :o)


Why is sweet Cole contained in his stroller for most of the fair?


Because the boy is cray-cray.


When we visited the barnyard animals, there were about 25 roosters crowing as we walked in. Coles reaction was, "WHOA".


Fin's reaction was, "These roosters are obnoxious", and he kept his ears covered the whole time. I kept my nose covered the whole time.


Fin did the huge slide all by himself b/c Pat was riding the carousel with Cole and I wasn't allowed to slide. He.Loved.It and immediately went down it 3 more times. It was such a great note to end on before we left.


Coley and I rode his favorite thing in the world, a choo choo. Dreams do come true in the form of three tickets each :o)

It was a great time as a family capped off by eating cotton candy in the car on the way home. No better way to prep kids for naps then to feed them pure sugar right before ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment