Thursday, September 1, 2011

Games we love

With the boys getting older, it's fun to see the games they love at each new stage they hit. Fin currently loooves to scooter, color with chalk, use stamps, "fix" things with tools and trace letters on my iphone. He also thinks Aunt Caits new ipad is the coolest thing he's ever seen. Yesterday we were visiting her and they played a combined game of fruit ninja. Things got very intense, especially when Baby Cole tried to crawl over the ipad.

We've spent lots of time outisde this week as it's been so cool. This morning we walked to Sonic for drinks and Jamie and I were able to sit and (briefly) chat while Annie and Fin played with sidewalk chalk there. When we got back I spread a blanket on the lawn and we played with Fins new connect toys in the sunshine  while the bubble machine blew bubbles at us. It was one of those nice, peaceful moments.
My personal favorite game lately has been the distract-the-boys-with-toys-while-I-take-a-2-second-shower-before-Fin-realizes-where-I-am-and-throws-himself-in-there-as-well game. Seriously, I have to frantically shower before he finds me because if he does, he strips down naked within a nanosecond and hurls himself into my shower with a bonzai yell, despite my protests. I usually go from annoyed to hysterical laughing pretty fast b/c he laughs so hard while he's doing it. By this time, Cole has usually found the both of us and is grunting and trying to throw his leg over the side of the tub.
You can imagine how often my legs get shaved nowadays with these kind of shennanigans going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment