Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Laboriously

We had a great Labor Day. Just a lot of family time which was really sweet. We brought my parents new mattress set over to them in the morning which is part of a new bed set all of us kids bought them for their 30th anniversary. It was a little comical getting it there but luckily Pat is such a good sport about that kind of thing and (rarely) gets grumpy.
After visiting with my parents and witnessing Pat, my dad, Fin and Will have an all out wrestling match that gave me and my mom heart attacks, we headed home for naps. I love this picture of the boys post naps. They are still in their sleep daze and knawing on pretzel sticks.

It was so nice out that we drove out to Cameron Village and walked around outside window shopping. I took Fin in Lightyears with me to look at necklaces and he was in awe. He slipped his hand in mine and whispered, "Is this where people go to get things for when they get married?". It was so fun looking at all the glittery things with him. He whispered the whole time and begged me to let him go get Pat to see the store, haha. Never thought I'd have a sweet moment in a jewelry store with my son :o)
After browsing and not spending a dime, we ate outside at a cute mexican restaurant. It started POURING but we were under a canopy so it was actually really neat to see the rain and feel the cool breeze.

Cole just sat in his stroller most of dinner and looked out at the rain or up at the ceiling fans. We like to eat places with ceiling fans b/c it's like having a free babysitter. Funny the things on your agenda after you have kids. "No we don't care how your food tastes, but do you happen to have ceiling fans?".

Pat and Fin were best buds today and were goofing off together long past Fins bedtime. This is the face Fin makes when Pat tells him, "make my favorite face", and then they both laugh and laugh. Love both these faces.

It was a good day but busy! Most days I feel like all I do is chase this monkey around and make sure he doesn't fall and break anything. He climbs on EVERYTHING- ottoman, couches, rocking chairs. I am so in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment