Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Preschool Days

This year a lot of Fin's little three year old friends started going to preschool. Apparently 3 is the magic age for that, but I was not ready to part with my little buddy yet. I know once we start down the school track there's no looking back so I'm really treasuring this time with him now.
We have started doing preschool at home three mornings a week. Fin LOVES it and has been begging to do school all day, every day. We've been working on coloring in the lines...

Learning his name in fun different ways...

and tracing shapes and letters. At the end of our preschool sessions we end up singing our verse of the week.
That's the great thing about preschool our way, we can incorporate anything we want. I love that we can talk about Jesus as we do our lessons and then we end our lessons with a prayer thanking God for one thing and asking God for help with one thing and learning a verse.
I've been enjoying this special time with Fin, even the times when we spend a half hour just.tracing.circles. The Lord is teaching me patience right along side Fin learning lettters :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment