Monday, September 19, 2011

Sunshine and Daisies?

Lest you think it's a big lovefest here 24/7, let me put your mind to rest. This morning I was dragging around getting ready to go grocery shopping with the two boys. This is a chore I try to avoid at all costs since it is REALLY hard to keep a running total in your head, plan 5 meals based on what's on sale at the moment, keep your 3 year old from using the lemon juice containers as a nasal syringe, and keep your baby from gleefully reaching back and tossing out everything you are tossing into the cart. It's ain't fun folks.
I put on my beloved BOBS ( like Toms) and proceeded to wipe out on our bathroom floor by slipping in a giant puddle of...urine. Yep, urine. Right next to the toilet. The culprit couldn't be lazier if he tried.
I called Fin into the bathroom...
Me: Fin did you pee on the floor and not tell me??
Fin (puzzled): um...no?
Me: WHY is that a question? It has to be you. I know it wasn't me and Baby Cole is in diapers.
Fin: Oh yea, it was me. I couldn't pull me wieney out all the way (demonstrates) so it kinda pointed down instead of out.
Me: Bud you HAVE to tell me when that happens. That is so gross. Now you have to help me clean it up.
Fin (lights up): Oh thank you mommy, I love to clean!
Apparently that was not a sufficient punishment. So would NOT making him clean work? Oy.
Days like these I"m thankful for Nutella on sale.

And free diet vanilla cokes.
However bad your day is just know that if it does not involve falling into a puddle of urine, you're doing ok.

1 comment:

  1. This happened to me almost exactly a few weeks ago. Only issue was, we were at Whole Foods and my child proceeded to strip naked while screaming that he didn't want to wear the wet clothes any more. Wanna see people freak out? Have an accident like that in a place where people get anal if a non-organic pear is touching an organic stack, urine on the floor? I thought I was going to be barred for life. I have complete empathy and sympathy. Nutella makes all things better. Try picking up heavy cream next time and throwing it into a mixer with a couple generous spoonfulls of nutella- you'll have nutella-whipped cream to put into strawberries, yummy. I love it for days like the one you just experienced.

    ReplyDelete