Wednesday, September 21, 2011

He's One.

We had such a sweet day celebrating our Coley Bear yesterday. I am so glad that the Lord placed him in our family when he did and protected him. Before I knew I was pregnant with Cole, I was in a bad car accident and had surgery and the Lord totally protected him during that time. How grateful am I because we love this little boy so much!
Fin and I started out the day by bursting into Cole's room singing 'Happy Birthday' when he woke up. Except Fin sang, "Happy Rocking Chairs to you". Ah the humor of three year olds.

Our sweet neighbors brought over a gift for Cole first thing in the morning which he LOVES. He and Fin have a little passive aggressive sharing over this toy camera.

Then of course we had a little dancing/clapping session to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

I took the boys to the Y where Cole brought down the house with his Tie shirt. Then I treated myself to a Diet Coke after b/c I did birth the child afterall. After naps we headed to the park where Cole alternated between climbing all over the equipment and munching on pita chips.

People, do you get cuter then this?

Fin waited impatiently for Pat to get home so we could give Cole his presents. Cole was very into helping Pat unwrap the present.

And Fin gave Cole his gift of a slinky. Sidenote: when did slinky's stop walking down stairs? So dissapointing.

Cole gives his ball train present one chin up.

Which ball to choose? Why is life so hard?

Then Nanny, Uncle Will and SJ popped over after dinner to walk to get milkshakes with us at Happy Holly's. It was such a nice night.

Cole wrapped up his birthday with a rousing game of Putt-putt and called it a day.
We are all birthday'ed out over here but so grateful for two healthy, happy boys. Now I need to start detoxing from birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment