Monday, September 5, 2011

Why I love our neighborhood...

We feel so blessed to live in the neighborhood that we do. It's a safe place, we can walk to the grocery store and icecream stand (necessity) and we love.love.love our neighbors.
Our immediate neighbors surrounding us are all God-loving people with nice kids and very family oriented. It just so happens that the love language of 4 of us women neighbors is sweets. Since we moved in here, whenever I make dessert for us, I usually make enough for the 3 other families on our street and send some over. Likewise, it is very common to hear a knock on our door and be handed a plate full of brownies or cupcakes for no reason.
Saturday morning I heard a knock early and when I answered the door in my pajamas my neighbor Merideth handed me a bowl of homemade banana pudding. She knew that it was my favorite and made it for me as a surpise.
As blessed as I am by these treats, and believe me they ALWWAYS make my day, I'm so grateful for the fellowship and sense of family on our street. It is an unexpected blessing that we moved into and makes me never want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment