Monday, August 1, 2011

Awww Skeet Skeet...

A week ago I took Pat out to Fuquay to go skeet shooting as a birthday present. Random? Yes. A groupon deal? Yes. It was SO much fun and we laughed our way through the whole 13 point course. I of course did not shoot but had 2 important jobs. Well, 3 if you count keeping neon foam earplugs from falling out of my ears. Apparently I have oddly shaped ears b/c those things would NOT stay in.
So job #1: Pushing a giant red button to release the clay disc when Pat would yell pull. I seriously felt so important.

Job #2: Being the golf cart driver. Pat fired me halfway through the course b/c we kept rolling backwards down hills and he said he didn't feel safe. Whatevs those golf carts need a little more gas power to them. Those hills are STEEP!

I told Pat to look like a huntsman. How manly is he?

This is how I would look if I shot a gun.That thing is so heavy! Give me Nintendo duck hunt anyday.
The people that run this place are some characters! Pat and I felt like city-folk compared to them, haha. When Pat was signing his gun waiver I asked if I had to sign one too since I wasn't shooting. This old country man looked at me as serious as could be and said, "Yes ma'am, I don't know ya'lls marital business". Like I was going to lure Pat out in the woods to shoot him. That'll teach him to leave the toilet seat up!
We hope to go back again, if I can just find me some proper earplugs :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment