Saturday, August 27, 2011

Birthday Wrap up



For my own memory I want to record Fin's birthday before I forget. The day started with a family date at Dunkin' Doughnuts and ended with water balloons and Aunt Sarah bringing over gatorade. Need I say more?
I just felt very overwhelmed with the love from all the people in our lives on that day. We had family calling, sending cards, the neighbors across the street made him sprinkle cookies, and the sweet older lady next door who's our adopted 'Grandma Peggy' made him a card and a handmade camo blanket with his name on it. How sweet is that? Even the pizza place we went to for dinner (which is owned by Pat's friend) made a huge deal over Fin and gave him stickers and brought out a cupcake with a candle on it as a suprise.
Being this loved is not the norm today, although it should be. I guess I just always wonder, why us? Why are we this blessed with so much love and support and healthy children? It weighs on me a lot but I figure God knows best and however we can bless other people in our own small way is how we should try.
End of sappyness. Fin's highlights of today were:
*Waking up and seeing the house decorated.
* Pops coming out and picking him up for a lunch date with Aunt Cait and Nanny. Fin was over the moon excited and kept "calling" Pops on his phone (which was coincidentally his hand) to come pick him up early.
*Dinner at Jacks pizza place.
*Playing at the castle park afterwards and having a family game of hide and seek.
*Aunt Sarah bringing over a gatorade for him and putting him to bed.
And last but not least, Fin LOVED his presents from us of water balloons, a scooter aaaaaand...
His Jack in the box that he's been begging for for months! The best 3 dollars we've ever spent, although somehow this toy for babies has Pat and Fin stumped as to how to push the monkey back into the box. It's seriously the best entertainment for me to watch those two try to figure it out. Fin told me he's going to college now that he's three but I told him they don't have his favorite shows there so he's content to stay awhile at home. Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment