Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bunks and Birthdays

Today my very best big friend is 3. And while my heart hurts because he'll never be two again and he's growing up so fast and wasn't I just swaddling and rocking him?, still I choose to celebrate today. Because he is such a blessing to our family, such a fun, expressive kid, and because we love to celebrate in this family!
Last night we gave Fin one of his presents...bunks beds! My parents graciously gave us the bunks beds I had when I was a kid. Fin was over the moon excited.

Of course Pat couldn't do this project on his own. He needed the help of two little boys. One who likes to nail things that are not even nails and one that crawls and bangs on anything that you're trying to work on.

"Please lady, no cameras. Can't you see I'm working here?"

I caught Cole taking a break from hammering the ladder to watch a Baby Einstein movie. Shortly after I took this picture I informed him that if he was going to take a tv break, he would need to clock out. We're not paying people to lie around here!

5 hours and 3 trips to the hardware store later you have the finished project!

You don't get much happier than this.

In honor of his birthday, I did a little interview with him. I plan on doing this with all of our kids on their birthdays just to remember where they were at each age.

Mom: What is your name?
Fin: Fin.
Mom: And how old are you?
Fin: 3.
Mom: You are three! And what do you want to do on your birthday?
Fin: Um, pick up turtles.
Mom: Pick up turtles? What do you think you're going to get for your birthday?
Fin: A Jack in the box. (Sidenote: He's been asking for this for forever. How random?)
Mom: maaaybe. What are you going to do now that you're three? What did you say last night you were going to do now that you're three?
Fin: Watch sports center and rub your feet. (Sidenote: I'm loving three already!)
Mom: So now that you're three are you going to get a job?
Fin: Yes! No wait mom I'm not getting a job until I"m thiiiiiis big (stretching out his arms).
Mom: Wow, how old is that?
Fin: Um, I don't know.
Mom: Ok. So what did you get last night for your birthday?
Fin: bunk beds!
Mom: Yay! Did you like sleeping in them? Were they comfy.
Fin: Um yea.
Mom: What's your favorite color?
Fin: Red and Blue.
Mom: And what's your favorite thing to do?
Fin: Play basketball with Daddy.
Mom: And what's your favorite thing to eat?
Fin: Um Krispy things that go "po po po po po po". (Rice Krispies)
Mom: And how much do you love your mama?
Fin: (spread his arms halfway) This much.
Mom: And how much do you love your Daddy?
Fin: (spreads his hands) This much.
Mom: And how much do you love your Coley Bear?
Fin: (Spreads his arms as wide as they'll go) Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!
Mom: Aw. Well we love you Fin so much, Happy Birthday.
Fin: Love you Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment