Friday, August 12, 2011

Losing the Baby weight

Coley had his first meal in his new high chair seat tonight. Funny story about that.
I dragged out Fins old high chair seat a few weeks ago b/c Coley's fat rolls were not squeezing in the old Bumbo anymore. Cole immediately went stiff as a board and squeezed out the bottom of it like he was shooting out of a luge. Before I could blink. I needed something with a belt and a stopper thing in between the legs ASAP. And I wanted to spend no money on it.
I took Fin's old high chair seat into a second hand store and asked the man if I could give him that (which is ooooold and not great to look at) and take home a nice cushy chair he had there that was more then a little upgrade for us. For free. And then I batted my eyes and tried to look like a teenage mom.
At first he just looked at me weird and then....he recognized me. Because not only does this man own that shop but he also owns the local ice cream store that is my home away from home. So much so that when the teenage girls that work there see me walking up they charge me $2.16 and hand me a scoop of cappucino crunch. The owner grinned and said since I was such a loyal customer he'd let me have the new chair for free. I KNEW my lifestyle choices would pay off big one day. Moral: If you have cute kids and eat a lot of ice cream, good things will come
Cole feels his new highchair is much more unaccommodating to his bourgeoisie lifestyle.


He was oddly quiet today and I found him balancing shakily on the bathroom scale. I think he's a little worried about the amount of puffs and avocado he ate at dinner. I told him do a few extra laps with his walker and he'll be fine.
Do you love how big this outfit is on him? I could eat him with a spoon in this picture. Poor boy has had a rough week with his tooth but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment