Thursday, August 18, 2011

Preview the Promenade

We had a great summer night last night. We met up with Pat's family at Waverly Place which has been completely redone. It is AWESOME now. There is a play ground, a spray ground where little jets shoot up water at the kids, a huge grassy area for the kids to run around in and my favorite addition- a froyo place AND a cupcake place. Hello new best friends.
Fin wasn't too sure about the spray jets first so he just observed.

My niece Emma however dove in headfirst, literally. She stuck her face by a fountain and it shot full force in her face. She screamed and was back in them not two minutes later.

Fin finally got wet and immediately came over to show me his clothes.

Before too long his shirt was off and he was jumping on bubble wrap that Grandma had brought. Her purse is seriously like the Barney bag.

And then we ended the night with a mini cupcake. It is truly a test parental test for me not to eat my childrens cupcakes while they are not looking. I passed the test last night but not without a lot of inner dialogue.
Cole was a trooper strolling in the hot night. We sat near the sprayers and some kid splashed some water on us. Cole looked up at me from my lap and shook his head so mad like he was saying, "kids these days". I swear he's 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment