Monday, August 8, 2011

More Finn-isms

Ya'll almost-three is SUCH a fun age. Still so cuddly and best friends with his mom and dad, yet so expressive and just...funny! There are a few funny comments Fin has said lately that I want to remember.
- I was dressing Fin for church Saturday night and put a polo shirt on him. Fin immediately smoothed out his shirt with his hands, looked at me and said, "Mama am I looking sharp?". After assuring him he was he ran into our bedroom where Pat was dressing and said "Daddy you are looking sharp too" and then held out his hand so they could give each other dap. Apparently there is a snazzy dresser club they belong to. I've not yet been invited into this club but I have high hopes once I can manage to shower during the day instead of at night right before bed.
-At the Y pool we discovered they loan out floatations for kids. You strap it on their waist and it has a little oval float that stays on their back. Fin was SO excited to be a turtle and swam around giving his best turtle impressions. When it was break, he pulled his float behind him like a dog on a leash and told me so seriously, "this is very special to me".
-Last night we put Fin down for bed and I picked up food from a restaurant so we could have a date in. Halfway through eating we heard Fin's door creak and little footsteps. If he comes out he usually  plays the "I'm so sad and missing you in my bed" card where he comes out fake rubbing his eyes. I guess this time he decided a different approach b/c he came out like Johnny Carson, waving and with a big smile on his face. "Hey dad, I missed you guys...Oooo a burger! I love love love burgers...let's cuddle" and then he proceeds to hop up on the couch next to me, grab a fry, and eat it like nothing was wrong. Pat and I just looked at each other like "what just happened?". Sneaky little stinker.

I still think Fin thinks that he is on the same level as Pat and I and then we all just look after Cole. I love that he wants to be with us more then anything, as I know this will not always be the case. Sometimes he has us all grab hands in a circle and say, "1,2,3...we are beeeeeeest friends". And then I melt and want time to stand still.

No comments:

Post a Comment