Monday, August 15, 2011

That was fun while it lasted...

Three weeks ago after many sleepless nights, much drooling and crankiness, Cole got his second top tooth. Aaaaand a week ago he randomnly got said tooth stuck on a (seemingly) harmless toy and ripped it 3/4 of the way out. If I cliff notes this story...we had to make an emergency pediatric dentist run last weekend because our emergencies NEVER happen on weekdays during office hours. We were told to wait a week to see if the tooth was salvageable and if it would start setting back into it's root. And o-by-the-way don't let your 10 month old put anything in his mouth...for a week.
Hello dentist, have you met a baby?
So the rest of the week was spent me shrieking anytime Cole tried to put anything in his mouth to the point where we were both traumatized. Then on Friday (one hour after office hours closed) Cole bit on his finger and sent blood shooting everywhere as his tooth loosened and he screamed. Since we couldn't reach anyone, Pat had to pull the tooth himself to ease his pain. In true Pat fashion, we said a prayer together, he pulled his tooth, and then took off running around the house screaming "Ahhh" for no reason. It would have been funny...if I found anything funny at that point.
So meet Toofers Mcgoofers.

Do NOT let his smile fool you. He has been fussing/crying non-stop since Friday and this is my view all.day.long.

I'm a little beside myself b/c I do not know what to do with this fussy child. Maybe that tooth was the key to his happiness and we pulled it? Maybe he is just traumatized and telling us over, and over, and over. Either way I'm about to pull all my hair out. Which is a shame because it just started growing back nicely since the postpartum hair loss.
Fin has been a champ dealing with all of this except he may be needing a little extra attention himself lately. He's been insisting on eating in Cole's highchair (?) and every morning he get's up and says "My new tooth grew in again!" and then we all cheer and high five each other. Might as well humor him.

Literally the ONLY time I"ve seen Cole happy the past 4 days is when he learned to climb my parents steps last night. He was so proud and I would build him fake steps to climb over at our house if it would make him happy.
So we're hopefuly our bear will return to his normal happy self soon. And I'm hopeful he will buy me flowers and chocolate to apologize for hanging on me 24/7 while yelling in my face. It's really the least he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment