Thursday, August 11, 2011

Will work for Banana Pudding

Tonight we watched my nieces for awhile and they had dinner and playtime with us. Throughout all dinner I kept looking at Pat and dropping hidden comments such as "See we could totally handle 4 kids" or "Don't 4 kids seem so easy?". I'm nothing if not subtle.
After dinner we had the stereotypical free for all wrestling match where Pat body slammed Fin, Grace and Emma and I yelled in the background that somebody was going to get hurt and there would definetly be tears. When did I become that mom? The kids had such a good time though and loved all trying to tackle Pat.
Cole watched the whole thing chilling against this pillow with a dissaproving expression on his old man face. He agreed with me.

Group attack.

Grace and Pat went head to head.
It was a sweet time with our nieces. After they left Fin said how much he missed them. The best part was Kerry brought us sweet tea and banana pudding from Danny's BBQ as a thank you. I'll do just about anything in this world for some good banana pudding. Don't test me on that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, a week and a half ago my sister Kiersten left to live in Indonesia for two years working as a teacher. It's been really hard on the whole family as we are all very close and we already miss her so much. Fin doesn't quite get how long 2 years is as everytime we pull into my parents driveway he yells "Kierstens here!". Also apparently he knows nothing about Indonesia as evidenced by his prayer tonight...
"Dear Jesus, thanks for Mommy, Daddy and Coley. Please please please keep Kiersten away from all the bears. Help her to come home soon so I can ride in her car to Nanny's pool, maybe? Amen."
 Sweet boy prays for her every night without being reminded. And always mentions the bears. NO idea how the two connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment