Saturday, August 6, 2011

Desperation is the Mother of Ghettofication

Well I've managed to do the impossible. I've taken my pretty pretty iphone and made it the equivalent of "mom jeans". It's now the proud owner of two strips of velcro on the back. I would be sad but these little strips have literally saved my life.
Before I was a mom I NEVER understood why moms would have their dvd players always playing in their minivans. "Kid's imaginiations grow from boredom" has always been something I believe strongly in but then Cole turned 9 months old and ohhhh emmmm geeee.
The boy went from not making a peep in the car to hating it more then he hates medicine syringes (which is a lot). He shakes his head violently when we are just approaching the car and then screams and flails around when I'm trying to strap him in and continues to scream the entire.stinking.carride. Picture me driving with one hand while throwing toys and doing hand puppets with my other hand. Anything to make the screaming stop.
This continued on for a month until I started developing an aversion to the car myself b/c of how stressful it was. Poor Fin would always ask me while Cole was screaming, "Why is baby Cole being so MEAN?".
Sooo, since I was genuinely worried about having a car accident with all this chaos. I superglued 2 strips of velcro to the back of my iphone cover and stuck 2 strips to the back of the head rest in the car. Viola...a mini dvd player that I can play baby einstein videos through Youtube.
Life is peaceful again. And I no longer feel like I need a candy bar to get through every car trip. Chocolate is my alcohol afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment