Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Is there a right side to the bed?

I am not a morning person. I repeat: I am not a morning person. I have always loved sleep. All through highschool and even college, I ALWAYS got 8-9 hours of sleep a night. While others were out drinking in college, I was snuggling up in my cozy sheets watching Friends episodes while I fell asleep. Just typing that makes me feel so....sleepy. And wistful.
On August 25th, 2008, God started breaking me of this idol in life. Finley was born and I never slept again. The end. And then we got him to be a semi-decent sleeper and Cole was born. And I'll never sleep again. The end.
With my lack of sleep at nights and my boys looooving to wake up with the sun (read: around 6am), most morning while Pat gets ready for work, I let the boys wander around helpfully (ha!) at his feet while I moan in bed for a good 15 minutes looking for sympathy. None is ever given so I should probably turn my efforts elsewhere, like learning to like coffee.
Here's my view as I lie in bed. The boys like to crawl around chasing each other in the morning growling like bear cubs. I would love it and find it adorable if the sun wasn't still rising.

Of course I sleep with a little box fan next to me because that's the only way to sleep. The boys LOVE my fan. Fin always tries to blow air back in it, like it's a battle, and Cole just stands in front of it with his eyes closed looking happy/confused at the cool air hitting his face.
Really once I get out of bed, I can begin to function. And it does help that my boys wake up so cheerful and happy. But man do I crave the day where I'll wake up, look outside, and it's light out. It's the little things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment