Monday, August 22, 2011

Lunch time

Everyday, I make a nice lunch for myself and the boys and we all sit down together to eat. Aaaand 5 minutes later we are usually all here...

I don't know what it is about lunchtime but Fin always needs to poop as soon as we sit down. And pooping is not his favorite thing (biggest understatement ever). He's been potty trained since he was 18 months but he always hates going number 2 on the potty.
So this is Fins routine. We sit down to eat and Fin looks at me and says, "Mommy I'm cold". Clue #1. Then when I assure him he's not he says, "Mommy can we cuddle?". Clue #2. When I tell him we can cuddle after we eat that he moves onto his final clue. "Mommy I don't need to poop". Clue #3. I mean can we even call that a clue? The boy needs a lesson in subtlety.
So off we all haul it to the bathroom for 15 minutes of fun *cough* before we get to return to our now cold and starting to go stale lunch.
Cole loves our lunch time despite the interruptions. Today he tried cheesy noodles and was a big fan.
I'm mainly recording this so I can look back one day and remember these times when we didn't have peaceful uninterrupted lunches. That time will come, right? It doesn't bother me too much now b/c I know this is just a season of our life and I really wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment