Thursday, December 8, 2011

2 1/2 hours for $6.07,,,check

I like to think the boys and I are "free spirits". By that I mean, we know a million things to do for fun (or to kill time) that don't cost a dime. Call us cheapos but being a single income family, we don't have much extra money to spend on recreational things so we have to get creative. Our favorite spots are the train table at AC Moore and walking around Target toy aisles eating their free kids cookies.
Yesterday we spent the whole morning at the mall and only sepnt 6 bucks on lunch which we all split.
We started out at Sears where I let the boys run wild in the Christmas section. Fin lined up these snowmen that were his size and immediately dubbed them his friends.

Cole was not interested in the lights, treadmills, ornament displays or punching bags. Nope, his playground was hanging underneathe the forbidden employee desk. He's a rebel like that.

Shockingly, Fin was really good at riding on a skateboard. Like better then me. I know this b/c we had a contest and he won. Legit.

After store hopping and waving to Santa, things started to go south pretty quick. Naps approaching and hunger pains are not a good combinations. The boys and I split a pita in the food court where Fin would not stop talking and Cole was trying to stand up in his high chair and yell "Ah...Ah...Ah...Ah" the whole time. A mall cop took pity on us and brought over coloring books for the boys. Peace was restored, Mama could actually eat, and we ended our outing on a good note.


Not bad. Not bad, at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note:
Tonight I had a much needed night out with Nicole and Sarah on Salem Street. We ate dinner and perused some shops and it was such a nice time. When I get home, I walked into the house and Cole lit up. He toddled over to me and held up his arms. I scooped him up and he immediately laid his head on my shoulder and started singing in his little baby jabber. I melted. It was soo sweet. But then he took a piece of chocolate orange out of my hand and popped it in his mouth. So now we're mortal enemies. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment