Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cole's first haircut

The time had come. Well, I didn't believe the time had come, but Pat was pretty sure it had so off we went to Great Clips. For Cole's first haircut. For another heart laceration in parenthood. I mean how could I be ok with cutting my baby's beautiful blonde hair and curls??

Armed with a bag of colored marshmallows and Elmo videos on my iphone we all loaded up and headed to Great Clips. We got there 20 minutes before they closed and let me tell you, they were none to pleased. A huge black lady took our info and was the appointed hair cutter and she was in a TERRIBLE mood. She was such a downer that Pat declared to me, "I'm about to have some words with her" b/c she was doing everything she could to poop on our baby's-first-haircut parade. I'm glad he didn't say something though b/c I'm pretty sure she would have gotten her revenge through the scissors.

Cole did well until halfway through when I think he thought his hands fell off b/c they were underneath the cape he was wearing. He looked down once, didn't see them, and burst into tears. Luckily he still sat really still and let her cut; he just cried pitifully through the rest of the hair cut.

At the end of the cut, I grabbed a clump of hair off the floor and shoved it at Pat telling him to "stuff it in his wallet and don't ask questions". Like a good husband he did, but not without giving me the "you are totally weird" look. I need that baby hair to cry over when he goes to college. That's reasonable, right?
Here's the big boy after the massacre, *ahem*, haircut. The lady actually did a great job. He just looks so old now!


So now he looks like a man-baby instead of just a baby. Sigh, guess it's time for another.
HA! Pat, just kidding. You can breathe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment