Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas morning

We had such a sweet Christmas morning with just our little family. I knew the boys would be wiped out from the day before so we wanted it to be as low key and pajammied as possible. Yes that's a word.
Our day started out when Fin burst into our room at 6:20 clutching his new stuffed spider man and saying Santa left it for him. Let me preface this all by saying...I am NOT a morning person. I am especially not a moning person when between the hours of 11pm and 6am, Cole got up 4 times for no reason. I was dead. But I mustered up energy, put on a happy face and Pat and I trooped out there to open present with Fin.
Fin LOVED the whole thing. 3 is such a fun age b/c they are enthralled and appreciative. It's a great combo.
Note: Pictures are grainy and dim b/c I would rather die then turn on the overhead bright light. Again: Not a morning person.


Fin and I opening our stockings.

It worked out well that after Fin finished presents, Cole woke up. He had no idea what was going on but kept toddling around with a big smile on his face which was so cute.
He wasn't too sure about the texture of wrapping paper to begin with.

He LOVED his little wooden toy car ramp with wooden cars. I kinda love it too.

Pat opening a shirt I gave him that says, "Rock, Paper, Scissors...choose your weapon". It's so appropriate for us because that it how we solve any major disaggrement. I'm not kidding. It works for us.

Pat cooked an awesome breakfast after presents. I tried to hire him as permanent chef but he said he wasn't applying. Ungrateful.

The aftermath. While everyone was busy playing, I stnuck into my bed and pulled the covers over my head until Pat found me. He ratted me out to the boys and soon everyone was jumping on me. Sometimes I fantasize about getting a hotel room for the day and just sleeping all day long. But you know what? When my kids are grown and I can sleep all I want...I'm going to be pretty sad and missing this all.
I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment