Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!

Happy New year from our family. 2011 was a great year for us and here are some of our highlights...
* My younger sister Nicole got married.
* Joined the Y as a family and got a very part time job there working in the nursery with the boys.
* Developed close friendships with neighbors that bless us daily. Really invested in a community which we've always shied away from.
* Found an awesome church to worship in and be fed spiritually. We also found the courage to consistently put both boys in the nursery and Sunday school there which is a HUGE deal for us. I have a hard time letting other people watch my kids.
* Had a full week at the beach with my family.
* Had countless family trips to parks, scooter sessions, basketball courts, pool dates. Continued to really enjoy each other in our small family and find the joy in the simple things.

I am blessed. WE are blessed. I have seen the Lord's hand in our lives this year and I'm excited to see what He has in store for us this upcoming year. I always have a fear of the unknown, a fear of  hurt and pain from unknown circumstances, but if I look at how the Lord has led me up to this point, I see that He more then deserves my trust. Jesus lead on.


      We only sent out Christmas cards this year to family so here's ours for everyone else. I don't know how to turn it, Ha!
Have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your blog! And I'm so encouraged to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with the nursery thing :) we're still working on that for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Megan you would laugh at the agony it is for us leaving them. I just hate seeing them cry! It made me feel better that you have a hard time w it too. I thought I was the only one :)

    ReplyDelete