Saturday, December 3, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect

We officially have our tree! I've been itching since the day after Thanksgiving and last night we finally made it happen. Like any experiance with young children, it was 10 times more complicated then it needs to be but also 100 times more rewarding.
We rolled up ghetto style to a gas station that had trees on sale and picked out our tree, paid for it, and grabbed two lollipops in the process to appease antsy boys in the backseat as we battled friday night traffic to get home.
Cole was so excited to see Pat bring the tree through the door.

Funnily enough, Cole was terrified of the Christmas lights when I got the strings out. I think he thought it was 1,000 tiny candles of fire but his face was pretty hilarious. He started getting really fussy as we were putting the tree up but I was having none of that. Don't scrooge on my parade sir, even if you are 14 months. I stripped him down to his diaper, which always makes him happy and gave him his blankie and he was a happy camper. He also made peace with the devil lights.

Fin saw Cole playing with the lights and typical boy, stuffed them down his pants. *Sigh*, is that ingrained in boys' genes?

We have a range of ornaments and one of my favorites is I hang Pat's glasses from when he was a little boy on the tree. Partially for sentimental, partially for mockery. This year I had Fin try them on and he looked like the cutest Harry Potter.

Here's our end result. A little lopsided, a few branches that have three ornaments on them, and perfectly ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment