Sunday, December 18, 2011

One on One dates

Pat and I have started a new thing where once a week we try and split up and each take one boy for some special one on one time. We don't do anything much out of the normal, it can mean me snagging Fin when I'm doing a trip to Walmart for toilet paper, or Pat taking Cole to get his car washed. We're just trying to be intentional on spending special time with the boys and they have been eating it up. It's so funny to see how each just mellows out some and eats up getting the undivided attention of a parent without the competition of a brother.
Tonight I was going out to dinner with my siblings and decided last minute to take Fin with me. He was SO excited when I asked if he wanted to go on a date. He immediately said, "I have to dress sharp!" and he ran off to put on a hat, his sweater, a colored noodle necklace and some cologne from Pat :o) Love my little dapper dan.

Tackle hug.

Poor Pat did not fair as well with his date with Cole tonight. Poor baby was missing his mama and it was a little too close to bedtime for him. Pat said he tried to soothe him by singing the lullaby I sing to Cole every night but as soon as he started singing Cole stuck out his lip and burst into tears. Could have been slightly insulting to Pat :o)
Fin comforted Pat when we got home with a stare down blinking contest and a funny face contest.

I hope as the boys grow older they will realize how treasured they are to us. I've been loving getting to love on them and focus on their individual personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment