Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas.Eve.2011

It's time. I'm forcing myself out of my sugar coma long enough to remember Christmas events before I forget them. We had SUCH a great Christmas this year and I would be sorry that it was gone but I just feel very content. Very blessed. Very loved. And very much needing my kids to get back on a schedule :o) Santa was screwing with our bedtimes and naps a leeeeettle too much for my liking.
Christmas Eve we had a brunch with my family, visited two different family friends after naps and then ended up my inlaws at night to celebrate. We were party animals.
A sweet moment of the night is when I peeked out on the deck and Fin and Emma were slow dancing with each other to the radio. Unprompted. It was SO sweet I had to capture it.

A moment I did not capture was when I was looking for Cole and found him out on the deck by himself bobbing up and down, booty dancing to ABBA's 'Dancing Queen'. A proud moment for any mom of a boy :o) Pat was none to please with that little anectdote.

Relaxing before dinner. Have I mentioned my MIL is a caterer as well? Her dinners are to die for. Some marry for money. I marry for food.

Denise was like Super Santa this year. She spoiled everyone with gifts.

Larry Bird Dog is getting old. Yes that is his full name. When he's in trouble, he's Lawrence of course.

Cole feasting away. Doesn't he look like Macaulay (sp?) Culkin with this expression?

After we rolled ourselves home, the boys and I got dressed in our new Christmas jammies. Yes, mom my still gives me my new jammies every Christmas Eve like we've done every year since I've been born. Thank goodness b/c my life was uncomplete before I receieved pink pajama bottoms with Santa faces on them. My mom knows me well.

Aren't these ceramic nesting measuring cups that Denise gave me SO pretty? I love them.

Someone's a little too excited about setting up Santa's milk and cookies and carrots for reindeer. He cracked us up this morning b/c Fin turned to me during breakfast and said, "Mom, sometimes it's hard making decisions. Like whether or not to give someone a carrot.". I mean...what?? Seriously where does this come from?

Santa's loot set out for the morning. Will post Christmas pics tomorrow. Spoiler alert: Spiderman was a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment