Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Unreasonable Reasonings of a Pre-nap three year old

Sunday as I was putting Fin down for his nap:
Me: Ok Fin, go to sleep now. And when you wake up we can go see SANTA!!
Fin: Ok mom, but how many inches do I have to sleep?
Me: Do you mean minutes or hours? You need to sleep 2 hours before you can see Santa. (Aiming high :o)
Fin: NO mom, not hours, iiiiiinnnnncccchhhhheeeeessss. How many inches do I have to sleep? (He says it to me slowly like I'm the one that doesn't understand).
Me (Just giving in so I can go take my Sunday nap. Seriously my pillow was screaming for me): ummm five inches. You need to sleep five inches before we can go see Santa.
Fin, his eyes welling up with tears: FIVE INCHES?!?! That's a long time!

Somedays there is no winning, especially with an over tired three year old. I don't know why I left that convo feeling like I was the crazy one though :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment