Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Finisms and Coleisms

Just some little tidbits I want to record to look back on one day...

Fin
- Yesterday morning we allowed Fin to have a bowl of Lucky Charms in the living room with the warning that if he made a mess, he would have to eat it at the table from here on out. As predicted there were little Lucky Charms sprinkled all about the floor and on the couch (no marshmallows were found though..hmmm). I told Fin that because the Lucky Charms made such a mess, he couldn't eat there again. He indignantly responded, "Well we need to call the police man then and tell them that the people that make Lucky Charms make a HUGE mess, cuz mom, Fruit Loops DON'T do this". He was so mad and felt so wronged. Never occured to him that he was the culprit.

-Today he was asking about heaven and I was trying to describe it to him in preschool terms. I told him you feel no pain there and nothing hurts. He thought about it for awhile and then said, "So if someone throws a sharp gumball at me, it won't hurt at all?"
I assured him it wouldn't and then he replied,"So in heaven, if someone puts a lion on me to eat me, that won't hurt?".
Umm come again? Before I could answer he quickly said,"Oh, never mind! I'll just punch him in the throat to get him off".
Note to Pat: Stop watching Youtube videos with Fin and plotting how to take down the animal kingdom.

-Fin was dwaddling before naps and I had to reprimand him...
  Me: Fin, when you disobey it makes my heart sad because you're not listening and Jesus wants you to obey.
   Fin: Did Jesus say that?
  Me: Yea, there is a whole verse in the Bible that says, "children obey your parents in the Lord; for this is right", so if it's in the Bible, it's a rule and a big deal.
   Fin: Well I'm going to write a book then and say, "Don't slam the potty seat down loud when you're done peeing".
OMG HOW do you parent with a straight face??

Cole
- Cole has taken to throwing things away and applauding himself for it. He's so quiet about it, but when I hear a loud BANG (b/c our trashcan lid is stainless steel) and then a baby voice saying "Yay!!" and clapping, I know I've got some treasure hunting to do. So far amidst the trash I've found socks, balls, the remote, wooden cars, various toys, a rubber ducky, utensils, and my toothbrush. Think I"m going to splurge and get myself a new .99cent one. Too gross. He is SO proud of himself.

-Today at the doctor while she was examining him, Cole kept singing in a gravely throaty voice, "Maaamaaaa". She laughed and said, "I'm not your Mama!". I had to explain to her that he was pretending to be Animal from the Muppets and singing a part from Bohemian Rhapsody. Seriously, WHO's 15 month old does that??

These boys definetely keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment