Saturday, January 7, 2012

Spontaneous boy heaven

Yesterday Pat had to work from home so I promised to have the boys and I out for the morning. I was drawing a blank on where to go since we couldn't spend money and I thought it was cold. I decided to just go hang out at my parents house but on the way I saw a huge construction site with HUGE mountain like hills of dirt and construction vehicles of every type. And the place was deserted. I did a spur of the moment (maybe dangerous) U-turn in the middle of the road and pulled into the construction site. The place was like boy heaven. I unloaded them, found random sweatshirts in the car and told them we were going exploring and to climb mountains. Fin so boyishly excited.
I had no idea CAT vehicles are so huge. The tires were much taller than me. I would call them by their names but I have NO idea what they each was except some had a scoop and some had a shovel.
Cole was pretty impressed.



I couldn't believe how big the shovel was compared to Fin. He thought he was cool stuff climbing inside of it.

Pre-gaming our mountain climbing by climbing a huge mound of dirt.

In order to get Cole to the top I had to carry him on my hip. Note that this is the one day I was not wearing exercise clothes. So up I hiked those huge hills with Cole on my hip in my boots and dress. I didn't realize how hard it was until Cole started imitating my huffing noises. Smart aleck.
View from the top.

Fin at the top of one of the hills. I can't tell you how huge they really were. He was so proud and a little scared.

Showing his muscles.

Cole was unimpressed by the hills, but he did like tasting the different samples of rocks and dirt.

The fact that they had just had baths be darned, they had a field day playing in the dirt. It was like being at the beach, only so very dirty.

New favortite picture. Love my sweets.

Fin was dead out from all that climbing. I'm thinking of having the boys do sprints up the hills everyday before naps. It's worth it :o)
It's so funny to me having grown up with girls to now see life through boys' eyes. It is SO much fun and I love the spontaneous "playground" we stumbled upon. The construction supervisor may not agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment