Monday, January 2, 2012

They say it's your birthday...

So I turned 27 on Friday. I wasn't excited, I wasn't dreading it, I was just kinda "eh". But then I remembered there is much chocolate, and presents and love on that day that adding another year onto the ol' time clock isn't too bad. Plus I totally don't feel 27. If we're being honest, I feel 19 at all times. Just a little sleep deprived, hips-wider-from-childbirth 19 year old in charge of 2 kids. Sometimes it's scary :o)
My mom spoiled me by cooking me a delicious brunch and then the boys spoiled me by taking long naps so I coud nap too!
My neighbors across the street brought over this gem midday which I was more then happy to indulge. My Aunt Cathy always says calories don't count on your birthday.


Pat suprised me by coming home early and he and Fin gave me my presents. Fin picked out some candles for me which Pat assured me, Fin smelt every.single.one in the store before choosing :o) Then Pat had me close my eyes and brought in this...

An Old-fashioned bike!! I was so so excited. We live near a lot of little restaurants and a grocery store and I often walk there if we need just a gallon of milk or a pack of diapers. A coupe of times I mentioned that it would be fun to have a bike like in the 50's with a big basket on the front I could use. I NEVER dreamed I'd get one. Pat totally suprised me and I love it. Just gotta fasten my basket to the front and I"m in business. I shoud have been born in the eary 1900's. I'm much better suited for it.
Then Kier came over so Pat and I could go out for date night. The best gift of all!

The night ended with an awesome birthday cake my friend Jamie made me. I started out modestly with one piece and let's just say within 24 hours that sucker was gone. I woud blush but I'm not ashamed.
If the goal of your birthday is to feel loved: mission accomplished. Kinda wish I could do it all again sooner then a year. Thank goodness for Mother's day :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment