Friday, January 13, 2012

Over time

Fin's been pulling some long hours at the Tractor Beaver Hump lately and I have to say, those co-workers of his are a little too sassy for my taste. Case in point, the other day Fin was messing around on his bunk bed ladder and I told him to be careful. When he continued horsing around, I told him he was disobeying and I didn't like that. His response: "But my workers looooove when I do this".
      It's not just his workers that are a bad influence. This morning Pat was teaching Fin his letters on the ipad. When Fin had had enough (seriously, how can you NOT recognize the letter "T" when you've just seen it three times??) he put the ipad down with a sigh and said,"I can't do anymore or my boss will fire me". Very clever, son.
     The cutest thing was the other day we were driving home from the Y and I told him we were going to go see Uncle Will play his basketball game in two more days. He ADORES Uncle Will and I thought he would be so excited but he got this sad look on his face and said,"I'm sorry but I can't go mom. And neither can dad or Cole. They have to go to my work with me. Dad has to move my pallets, Baby Cole has to pick up heavy things, and I have to click on my computer. So we can't go in two days, but we can go Monday!". What cracks me up the most is that he thinks when Pat and I are on the computer, we are just sitting there clicking for the heck of it. It's so fun getting a picture into his little mind.
     It's fascinating that this place is so REAL to Fin. He sometimes will tell us it's pretend but he really thinks of that place as a part of his everyday. The day I have to start cooking for his boss and co-workers though is the day I draw the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment