Monday, January 30, 2012

Museum at a sprint


Today the boys and I ventured out to the Science Museum. I LOVE this place because a) it's free b) it's hands on and c) No one shushes you while you're there, thank goodness!
As a kid I absolutely hated going to museums b/c I just remember walking through them in a group at a snails pace with my school and hearing a thousand boring facts. I'm determined the boys won't view them that way so I let them touch as many possible things as they want, we make the exhibits speak in funny voices, and we basically take in the museum at a sprint pace since Cole was leading the pack and not contained much in his stroller :o)
Fin thought this bobcat was so cool. He was my self-imposed tour guide this time. He would walk up to an exhibit and say, "You see that bird there? His name is 'fluffy white bird'". So informative.


"I want to live with you"

Cole was so obsessed with the fish, when we had to move on he kept saying, "Fishes, Fishes" over and over again. I played dumb and said, "O you want your goldfish?", plopped him in his stroller so he could have a snack and we both were content with the arrangement :o)


Cool tree you could climb around on the inside.

Room full of fake people consistently creeps me out. They look SO real. Fin wanted to hold this guys hand, ha!

Fin was NOT having the snake displays this time, but Cole loved climbing up and banging on the glass. There were a few signs that said, "don't bang on the glass", but I really hate snakes so I didn't mind that Cole did it.

Using my greatest mathmatic skills I estimate that 5 Coley bears would fit into a dinosaur footprint.

Doesn't he look so tiny underneath this dino?

Fin thought they had a room dedicated to 'A Bugs Life' when he saw his grasshopper friend. Who am I to tell him it's educational?

Our attempt at a group picture. I was so conflicted as a mom trying to not put more of one kid in the pic then another, so I just cut off half of both their faces :o)
Funniest moment of the day was when we were in the butterfly room and fin clapped his hands at a butterfly. The butterfly flapped his wings back at him and Fin bellowed, "MOM, did you know I can talk to butterflies??". He kept clapping for a good five minutes and bless that butterfly's heart, it stayed there and flapped his wings back at him. I was dying laughing.
Walking out, Fin was telling me all the other animals he could talk to as well. When he mentioned snakes though, I called his bluff and said he probably would have to get closer then five feet to their cages and uncover his eyes if he was going to have a conversation with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment