Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Better Than Coffee...

We had the sweetest start to our day this morning. The last 3 night have been sad for me as we've been making Cole cry at night when he wakes up instead of me going in and nursing him. I know it's crazy I still do that but I'm such a softie and I honestly have loved that quiet time with him and his cuddles. However the boys are staying with my parents in a month for 3 days and I knew it was either we had to make Cole cry now and get better at sleeping, or Pops would do it himself when they were there :o)
This morning I heard Cole call out for us and I was dying to see him. Pat brought him into me and we gushed over him and told him how proud we were of him and he looked up at me while I snuggled him and with a big sigh said, "Yay!". He was just SO happy to be with me, it made me tear. We snuggled quietly together with me kissing on his cheek until Fin crawled in and joined us. It was cold in our house because someone *cough* Pat *cough* forgot to close the windows last night and it was 39 degrees outside, so the boys were happy to snuggle in our little nest. Pat leaned in and kissed each of us before he left for work and took this picture:
Excuse the state of myself. I have an afro bun on top of my hair and I'm pretty sure a rat tail in the back. I never understand how people wake up looking pretty, but I sure as heck don't. To be fair, I did warn Pat before we got married that my hair turns into an afro while I sleep, so he had been warned!
After I got up to put in my contacts and turn on the heat, I came back and found the boys still perfectly still cuddling with each other. Melt.my.heart.
They stayed like this for awhile and it was the sweetest thing.
Mornings like this could make me become a morning person.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post , the last photo makes me so excited about Adelyn and Eva's relationship and the things to come.

    ReplyDelete