Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pullen Park

Cross it off the Spring Bucket List. We did Pullen Park today! I was so excited to go because I'd grown up going here on special occasions and couldn't wait to see the renovation. That place is amazing and I was so impressed. SO kid friendly, so much to do and the rides were so cheap. Add in there that there were no signs not to feed the ducks and I'm a fan for life.
It would have been a perfect morning had Cole not immediately started melting down upon arrival. As in melting down like I had never seen him do before. But then again, life's not perfect so you take what you get, right? Had he been my first child I probably would have been more stressed but with him I was more Buck up friend, because I'm riding this train with or without you. I'm so sympathetic.
Fin loooved riding the boats. I almost let Cole but I was not 100% confident he wouldn't throw himself into the water. You're welcome park employees.

Riding the train. The kids were all Aw, this is fun. Jamie and I were all This is the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Do you kids realize how lucky you are to be riding this train right now with the breeze in your hair?? Stay at home moms. We don't get out much :o)


Cole was fine once we hit up the playground



Really, thrilled to be here mom.

The ducks were fed a smorgasbord of wheat thin stix, goldfish and Cole's cheese stick.

Cole went up to each picnickers blanket, knelt down, beamed "Hi!" to them and checked out what he could scrounge up from them. Clever thief.

Jamie's supermom. She rode a carousel supervising Annie while wearing Noah in a makeshift sling. Impressive.

Can you take the cuteness of his excitement? He was so sweet all morning and so excited.

Cole decided to take the boss man chair approach to the carousel. Smart boy. Over sized horses and bunnies are overrated.

5 1/2 lb Noah on this first carousel ride. We kept telling him to calm down, he just was such a party animal.

Sweet brothers.
Great hot, sandy, sweaty, picnicky morning.

1 comment:

  1. awwww one of our favs! It was under construction the entire time we lived there with Tucker, we were grateful to get to take Gunnar there a couple of times, he loved it so much. I hope it's the first visit of many to come for you guys!

    ReplyDelete