Saturday, March 3, 2012

In the still of the night

So because I'm crazy, ive been painting all the trim in our house all week. When we bought the house, the owners before us painted all the trim and doors either white OR off white. Because they think they are trendsetters??I;m not sure but it has driven me crazy. Once I started the trim i because a madwoman and have been painting everything, including the extra bathroom and hallway as a suprise to Pat while he was out of town. Last night I finally crawled into bed at 11:30 after painting and was beyond exhausted. Like every bone in my body was sore. I'm not a scaredy cat when Pat's gone. I miss him but I do drift off pretty quickly without the snoring :o) As I was falling asleep I felt a tickle on my arm. I brush at it and then felt it again on my leg. Thinking there was a loose hair in the bed, I kicked at it a little and started dozing again. Then I felt it on my neck. SOMETHING WAS IN MY BED. I turned on the lights, flung back my covers, and saw it. A cockroach. In my bed. Excuse me while I die again from just typing that. Let me preface this by saying my house is very clean, I've never seen a bug or cockroach inside or out. But apparently there was one there, lurking, wanting to cuddle. Excuse me while I throw up again. I wrapped the cockroach in an old tshirt, smothered him to death, and threw my tshirt over the side of my back porch. I know this makes no sense but it was midnight and I pictured that if I flushed it, it might swim back to cuddle some more. I've since washed my sheets. And died a few dozen times. And Pat was so grossed out that he doesn't even want me to blog about it but I needed to for therapy's sake. So that was my Friday night, how was yours?

1 comment:

  1. i literally gasped out loud when i read this. i would have DIED. i think i would have run around the house screaming, not caring that i would be waking up sleeping babies. how dare that little vermin invade your beautiful home...how dare he.

    ReplyDelete