Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Naps

There is a time in our house that is sacred everyday. Its more sacred then biting into the first chocolate chip pancake of the day. More sacred then "naked baby time" when every night the boys run around naked like crazy monkeys before bathtime. This sacred time is Nap. Time.
Because my boys are early risers, they have always been good nappers. Fin still takes almost a two hour nap everyday and will until he goes to kindergarten. Amen? Amen.
We have a certain way of doing nap time that the boys and I both love. I like to end the first half of our day on a good note, not a "I need a break so get in your bed or else" note so this is how we do things...
I'll anounce to the boys to go find their "blank-blanks" (blankies) in the house and for Fin to go pee.

Then we pick an animal (usually doggies) and crawl like doggies towards their rooms, filled with panting and growling.
Fin always goes down first and while I'm getting him all snuggly and closing his curtains, Cole usually climbs into bed with Fin and they tackle each other. I find this is always a good way to help them wind down. Sike.

Then I tell the boys to give each other night night kisses which is my favorite part. They both get so excited for this, they both give these kisses in an open mouth fashion, and it's always akwardly much longer then it should be :o) This always makes Pat and I laugh.

Fin always holds the embrace much longer then Cole is looking for so Cole has to look at me like, "Seriously mom, the moment has passed".

Then as I'm giving Fin a kiss, Cole recognizes his moment to escape and he takes off sprinting with his blanket back towards the living room while I chase him and scoop him up and Fin giggles hysterically from his room shouting, "Run Cole, Run!".
     End with rocking Cole and putting him in his crib while he says, "Wub you", sprinting to my room and diving into my sweet sweet bed (don't judge) and naptime commences.

No comments:

Post a Comment