Friday, October 14, 2011

Children of the..,Aluminum.

I feel like the boys and I lead fairly active social lives. As long as it doesn't mess with naptime, we're usually game to do anything. We go to the Y daily, have playdates at the park, play with our neighbors...I felt like we get out enough. Until I take them the library.
My boys have a weird fascination to the little metal statues of children that are scattered around the library and community center. They seriously RUN to them and treat them like a long lost sibling. It would be cute if it wasn't so...sad.

There's just something about your three year old "reading" a book with a fake child statue that makes you wonder, "He does know this is a fake friend? Right?".

I mean granted I can see the upside of this love affair. I may never need to hire another babysitter again. I'll just stick a statue with the boys and I feel like they would never notice if we slipped out for a dinner date.

They were SO excited to get their picture taken with their friends. Sweet little sillies.
While I do think this is cute/slightly pathetic, I have no problem admitting that I would totally feel threatened if they had mom and dad sized statues. I don't even want to think of the unconditional love the boys would shower on those metal people, but my mama heart can't handle it. I will not be replaced!

No comments:

Post a Comment