Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Patrick and the Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad Day

My poor, poor husband ya'll. Yesterday was like WHOA for him. So bad that I said to him, "that's worth recording for future reference because your day was so bad".
Sunday night Pat was up all night with a bad toothache. We don't have dental insurance so he was probably also awake all night wondering, "how much is this going to cost?". Monday morning he got up, took his work phone off the charger and realized it was dead. He cannot be without his work phone because how else will hillbilly truckdrivers call him yelling that they don't know how to work their GPS? So off he went to get a new cell phone. When he got back to his office, he opened up his computer to discover that the whole thing was frozen. He ran anti-virus software and found out he had a Trojan so he had to leave and drop it off at HHGregg for them to fix.
When he got back to the office for the second time he found out his forklift had a popped tire. Bare in mind he's dealing with all of this with a horrible toothache.
So he deals with all of that with grace (what was going on in his head, I'll never know), and he left work early to go to the dentist. There the dentist told him he had two cavities in one tooth at which point Pat's response was, "just yank it". It's a tooth no one can see, he actually has an extra tooth back there, and did I mention we don't have dental insurance?
So homeboy got his tooth yanked and walks out of the dentists office to a text message from me saying my car battery is dead and I can't get to work. Don't worry though, I solved the problem all by myself. I merely moseyed over to one of my elderly neighbors and posed a few carefully crafted questions to him:
"Hey Mike, do you happen to have some jumper cables I can borrow?"
"Great, and also do you know how to use them?"
"Great, and also can you show me how to use them?"
"What? You'll just jump my car yourself? Well if you really want to..."

Sneaky, Sneaky.
So Pat picked up the boys from the Y with half his face packed with gauze and brought them home to feed and bathe them until I got home. He then went out at 8:30 pm to replace the battery in my car.
My dad always says not to say "bless you're heart" b/c it's a fake southern thing to say but yesterday that poor boy needed his heart blessed! He definetely lost his Pat throughout the day until he was a shell of his former self last night :o)
The good news in all of that: Tooth got taken care of, God is in control of our finances (thank goodness!), we are continually blessed by helpful neighbors, anything electronic of Pat's that could have broken...did. So hopefully he's in the clear today.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. That is a bad day. I thought I had bad days until my BFF called me from Paris recently, she asked how I was, I responded negatively. She then proceeded to tell me her newborn (who is currently in the NICU in France) has a heart condition and tested positive for Down's Syndrome. That was also a BAD day. However, something positive for you and Pat to keep in mind: Rustan's kind of a computer genius and owes me bigtime for leaving my parents and moving cross-country, so he's offered to kindly fix any computer problems that my friends have issues with. SO... next time, text, call or write and we'll fix you right up for free :-)

    ReplyDelete