Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Mother's Lullaby

Tonight I was rocking Cole to sleep. This is a time I usually cherish but tonight if I'm being honest I was hoping for a quick session as I'd had a long day and was ready to clock out as Mama and clock in as sit-on-the-couch-and-watch-my-shows-without-interruption Becca. Pat has a basketball game and so I get free reign of the remote.
Every night while I'm rocking Cole, I sing him a lullaby. Its' words make no sense but it's a lullaby I grew up with and I love it. Tonight in my weariness I may have mixed it up a little in my head...
As my lips were singing this:
No-nee, No-nee,No-neeeee
No-nee, No-nee, No-neeee
No-nee, No-nee, No-neeee
No-nee, No-nee, No-neeee

My mind was singing this:
Please child go to sleeeeep
Please just shut your eeeeeeeyes
Mama's losing paaaaaaaatience
And I need a vaaaaaaacay.

Endearing, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment