Monday, October 10, 2011

Sanity

So five minutes before I left for the wedding Saturday, Fin threw up EVERYWHERE. All over the couch and carpet. For those of you with weak stomachs, I'll spare you the details. Let's just say the color of it rhymes with...orange.
So picture me in my dress, hair done, scrubbing puke up. Thank goodness Nicole and Rob still agreed to babysit my pukey kid so I could go to the wedding. He had no fever and acted fine so I chalked it up to a one time thing.
Until last night. When he struck again and developed a fever. So picture our last 24 hours and be very jealous. The only time I left the house today was to push the boys in the stroller to Food Lion to get basic flu supplies- carpet cleaner, lysol and gatorade.
But Fin has been so sweet through his sickness and very cuddly. And he got to watch Toy Story 3 today so he's a big fan of the stomach flu.

And today after dinner and another puke session, I grabbed my car keys and phone and left with Pat's blessing to drive around for a half hour, listen to music with the windows down, and drink this gem:
And now I feel a lot better and came back feeling refreshed and ready to do some work on some laundry. It doesn't take much.

No comments:

Post a Comment